Goals for 2018 and Beyond:
- Lose 25 pounds
- Current weight: 203 lbs
- Timeline: July 1, 2018 and kept off for an additional 6 months after which time I will re-evaluate
- Other than general health reasons, losing weight (subsequently gaining muscle) will require the gym which helps justify the $80 a month I pay for full access to said facilities.
- Maintain a personal blog with no fewer than 52 posts in 2018
- Writing has always been a healthy outlet for me, but I never seem to maintain the practice like I should. This is mentally and emotionally beneficial for me.
- Log at least 180 personal journal entries (electronic or handwritten) in 2018
- As with the personal blog, writing is beneficial to my wellbeing and I need to make a concerted effort to write regularly.
- Complete the 10k “Run for the Zoo” in May 2018
- This goal is in line with my weight loss goal, but would mark my first competitive running with civilians (since I regularly ran 5k’s in Kosovo).
- A five month running training plan should be more than adequate to not embarrass myself during the event.
- Logging all training and competition miles in Runtastic or Apple Workout App.
- Finish the half-marathon OR marathon in the Duke City Marathon in Oct 2018
- Same comments as the 10k “Run for the Zoo”.
- QUIT SMOKING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
- Not only is the week to week out of pocket expense ridiculous (likely to be upwards of $3,000 a year!), but the longterm health risks will be very expensive if not life ending.
- I am no longer the teenage rebel or young Army Sergeant with something to prove – I need to stop acting like it!
- It would be nice to initially accomplish this goal by March 2018.
- Pay OFF 85% of existing debt in 2018
- Paying off this debt will allow the Husband and I to do more with our lives since we won’t have the constant fear of financial collapse.
- This goal is also a key factor in accomplishing what we have termed “Goal 40” – our exodus from the city to the country.
- Save $15,000 in cash and investments by year’s end
- The amount is lofty (at best), but can be accomplished with the right amount of sacrifice and focus.
- Hike to the top of the Crest (Sandia Mountain)
- This has been something I have wanted to do for some time now but always find an excuse not to do.
- Read 20 books (of any subject)
- This is more important than other things
I am off to a strong start over the past month. In the last 3 weeks I have lost 6 pounds, read 1 book, and taken stringent efforts to improve my financial security. This is the personal blog mentioned in goal #2 so judge for yourself my successes on that one. I have also managed to make 10 personal journal entries which have proven very therapeutic.
What are your goals for 2018 and beyond? Do you prefer thinking of them as resolutions or goals? Why? Share the you that you want to be with the world!